Monday, November 5, 2018

The Big Reveal

No, not a gender reveal but the reveal of my future plans.  I'M IN MEXICO.

Early Sunday morning waiting for the Nogales Arizona border crossing 
to open at 6am.  That's my friend, Betty, in front of me.

Betty has been driving down to San Carlos, Mexico for the last three years and renting an rv parking spot from a friend who owns a home with two covered RV spots in her yard.  So Betty is in one and I"m in the other.  

Map of Sundays drive.  You can see that San Carlos is on the Sea of Cortez.

The kitties like their new patio, where they can bird watch.

Getting our paper work done at kilometer 21 didn't take us long and we were soon back on the road heading south.  The countryside is beautiful.  We passed miles of vineyards and other miles of Organ Pipe cactus, some of which were huge.  Sorry no pictures.

Entrance to San Carlos harbor, not my picture.

I spent the last two months getting ready for this big move, it's big because I don't know when I'll go back to the states.  I've entered the country with a Residente Temporal visa, (temporary resident) which is valid for a year at which time I can go to any local immigration office and renew it for more time. My plan is to stay here in San Carlos for 3 months, until the end of January, then wander down to the Lake Chapala area where I'm thinking of looking for a small house to rent.  The kittens and I are missing having our own yard with flowers and trees.  But for the next three months I get to eat fresh fish and drink Margaritas on the beach what could be more fun.  

Betty took me around town today, monday, and showed me the highlights such as the Banco (bank), with the ATM, the grocery store, gas station and most important the restaurant on the beach where we sat for 3 hours eating and making new friends, well old friends of Betty's.  One of the ladies at lunch told me who to hire to do the paperwork for my visa and Honda permit, called a TIP, Temporary Import Permit, I already got the permit for the RV on line and it's valid for 10 years. So after lunch we went by Rosa's office and she's on it already.

Here are some pictures I took today.





Tetakawi mountain

Very small island right off shore

Lime-aid on the beach



Looking back at the friends I had lunch with.

I've been talking about going to Mexico for about the last 10 years but mom didn't want to go, she would say, "honey, you can go after I'm gone".  It took me about 3 months to remember my Mexico idea and since then I've been researching where to go and how to pull it all together.  That's when I remembered Betty and her yearly trips to San Carlos. That was it, texted her and asked if I could follow her down and here I am.  And of course I have some other friends arriving here in December.  They're boondocking friends who I haven't seen since last winter.  It will be fun to see my Canadian friends here in Mexico.

More later.