Thursday, September 5, 2019

Let's Continue with the Shopping Theme, Costco

Costco in Mexico is much like Costco in the US. I'll do some price conversion for you.  I'll use the exchange rate of 1 us dollar to 19 mx pesos.

Getting ready for Halloween

Patio furniture $2,473


White onions $4.47 a bag.

Dixie bowls $12.57

Saffron $15.21

This next picture is from a Soriana Híper grocery store, kind of like a Walmart, yes they have Daves bread here.

Daves bread $4.42


I've been here a month and I think I've managed to calm down.  It takes a lot of energy to gear up to come to Mexico and then once I get here it takes me a while to calm down.  It also takes me a bit to get use to driving here.   Driving laws that are written in stone in the US are sometimes just a suggestion here.  Like stop signs, a lot of Mexican drivers only slow down and some don't even do that, so when an American driver comes to a complete stop, which we better do because the police lurk, waiting to give tickets to American drivers for not stopping, the Mexican drivers don't like it and honk their horns at you.  And on some streets the lanes lines are no longer visible so you don't know if it's a 2 lane road or in our case yesterday a 3 lane road.  You kind of have to see what others are doing and hope for the best.  And I won't even start on the pot holes, my dad would call these Mexican pot holes, axle breakers. 

But I think I like it here and am planning on staying another couple of months.  I'm waiting for this rv park to empty out a bit and then I'll move closer to the ocean.  So all I have to do will be is look out my window to see this.


This west coast area of Baja is a nice place to spend the summer.  The weather is very mild with maybe only in the high 70's day time to mid 60"s night.  The bad thing, yes there's a bad thing about the weather is that at night the fog comes in making it a bit humid for me, 93%.  With daytime humidity levels running at about 77%.  So I have been running my air conditioner a lot to keep things inside the rv dry.  But heck, I can live with that.


Adiós for now.