Monday, February 25, 2019

We're Back Back Back on the Beach Again

The kittens and I are back on the beach in San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico.  I won't bore you with the trip details between Mazatlan and San Carlos but I will say it was an adventure, as is everything one does in Mexico.

So I have a few random pictures to show you.


First up, let me tell you a little about driving in Mexico.  Yes, there are some 4 lane toll roads that look and act like freeways in the US but then there are roads like this one.  Even though this road is a toll road it is only 1.5 lanes wide in each direction with a dashed white line on the right side.  This can easily change to a three lane road with the slower moving vehicles moving to the right, over the broken white line, (note, no rumble strip), making room for faster cars and trucks to pass you by.  So what looks like a 1 lane with shoulder becomes a 3 lane roadway.  It works.  When someone is passing, no matter which direction they are going, everyone moves over to make room.

Moving on.  This is a Cara Cara hawk.  One day while driving around we came across a bunch of them all perched atop cactus.  I was able to let the car slowly roll towards this one.



I'm parked in a different spot now at the beach and I can even see the water from here.



View from rv window looking toward my friend Kathy in the red Lazy Daze, 
with rainbow in the clouds.

We arrived back during a wind storm, with a possibility of some rain.  We did get some rain but not enough to completely wash off the rv and car.  They are both very dirty and I guess the rv will stay that way until I get back to the Yuma area, but I can have the car washed next time I go to Walmart in Guaymas where there are car washing guys in that parking lot.  


The wild surf our first morning back.

This is what the beach looked like the next morning, lots of seaweed and shells.

Some of the shells I've picked up in the last few days.

One of my neighbors.

Bubba's very happy to be back.

One last picture, of chiles.  Fresh on the left and dried on the right.