Saturday, December 14, 2019

North of the Border

I left Baja Seasons RV Park at 6:45 am saturday morning heading for the border.  It was an easy drive, even though I missed a turn and had to make a returno (u turn) to get going in the right direction.  I had reviewed the route and drive last night but still managed to miss a turn, and I can't blame it on Miss Google either because she said to turn I just didn't believe her.  

The app BWT, Border Wait Times, said the wait at the Tecate border crossing was 25 minutes but after sitting still for 10 minutes I decided the app was wrong.  Yup took an hour to get through the Tecate border crossing.  All in all not too bad.  Yes, I forgot to through away my eggs so left those with the inspector kid.


Look at all these stickers on a pole, with the border fence behind it, on the Mexico side.
Look closely at the picture of the man.  That's President Kennedy.


I'm back in the states for about a month to have a few things repaired on the rv.  Since March the gas gage hasn't worked in the rv and before I do much more driving around Baja I need to get that fixed.  Also the bathroom sink has a leak that needs fixing. Just a few little things.  

I'll be meeting up with friends around the Yuma area but right now I'm in San Diego county visiting my daughter for a few days.  Then I'll be heading east to the desert.