Monday, May 25, 2020

New Car

Two years ago I traded our older Honda CR-V in on a newer Honda CR-V.  The seats in both Hondas were uncomfortable for me but I stayed with Honda because they are the most popular car for towing behind an rv.  Well, there came a time when I just couldn't stand it anymore.  Now that I"m parked in one place, thanks to the pandemic, it was time to address the car problem.  I did a bunch of research online and then went to my local car dealer where a salesman who knew all about tow cars, what could be towed and what couldn't, was there to help me.  After driving a used Jeep Grand Cherokee and others in the same class and size of suv's I came to a Ford Explorer.  All the other cars made my back hurt with in several minutes but the Ford didn't.  

So, meet my new 2013 Ford Explorer, XLT, 4 wheel drive. 



It weighs a few pounds more than the Honda and for that extra weight I get seats that don't hurt my back and more storage.  Because let's face it, full time RVers use their cars as their garages.  The Explorer is the next size up from the CR-V.  I'm sure the extra weight will affect the gas mileage on the RV but oh well.  I'm not in this life style for the gas mileage.

That's it for now.  I'm still in my 'safe place' in the mountains.  I hope all of you are safe as well.

Until next time.

Ev