Wednesday, December 19, 2018

I'm Going to Tucson Arizona for Christmas

I've left San Carlos and am headed north to Arizona for about 3 week.  The first week will be in Tucson then I'll head over to Yuma for a week or so and then back to Mexico.  I've signed on for a caravan that will be leaving from the Nogales border crossing in AZ and going down to Jocotepec, later in January.  So have a few weeks to zoom back to the states to get a few things done.  Also hope to have time to visit with friends along the way.

There have been a few things going on that I haven't mentioned, yet.  The first one is that the electricity in Mexico can fluctuate quite a bit.  By that I mean that it can range from 108 volts to 145 volts.  My surge protecter didn't like that very much.  It would be constantly turning on and off, which is what it's supposed to be doing, protecting my rv from power surges.  Totonaka RV Park in San Carlos sells a power regulator, so I bought one and had it installed last week when I went into the RV park for two days to dump my tanks and fill up with water.

This is a picture of under my bed.  
You can see my second fresh water tank, 
half full, and that's my surge protector 
with its green light on, and the new white voltage regulator.  
I'm all set to go anywhere in Mexico.

The other thing I haven't talked about is that I've applied for and have received a Residente Temporal Visa, or as we say in english, a Temporary Resident Visa.  This is vary different from a tourist visa, which is only good for 180 days.  A Residente Temporal is good for a year at which time you can renew it for another 3 years.  If you want to stay longer, then you apply for a Residente Permanente Visa.  So now I have a Green Card for Mexico, I can't show it to you because there is all kinds of private info on it but it's a lot like a drivers license and Social Security card in one.  I also have long term TIP's, Temporary Import Permits, for both the RV and Honda.  The reason I did this, and it is quite a process let me tell you, is so I don't have to worry about how long I'm in Mexico, and I don't have to worry about which border crossing I use.  I'f you're a tourist you have to come and go through the same border crossing.  Now I can come and go as I please without needing to stop at immigration offices along the way.  

That's enough information for this blog now here are a few last random pictures from the beach.


My boy got pretty close to the water.

Missy did pretty good as well.



Yellow flowers, with an EarthRoamer RV 
parked on the dune in the background.

White butterfly flitting about.


All hooked up and ready to roll.

Good night from the Punta Vista RV Park in Santa Ana, Sonora, Mexico