Tuesday, January 15, 2019

From the Arizona Desert to the Beach in Mexico

I spent a total of 21 days in Arizona.  During that time I got a couple of things done to the RV.  I had  the grey water and black water tanks cleaned and inspected.  They found that the valve on my grey water tank was showing signs of old age so I had them replace that valve.  In that process they found that the valve that was there from the factory was installed incorrectly.  They showed me what was wrong and what they did to replace it and improve it.  I must say, that valve is working much more smoothly than it ever did.  Also had a hydraulic hose replaced on one of my leveling jacks.  Yuma is a good place to have that done since it is a farm area there is a hydraulic hose place right down the street from my mechanic and within 20 minutes he had a brand new one, freshly made, in his hand and in no time I was back on the road.  Shout out to Diesel Automotive in Yuma. 

I was able to meet up with some of my boondocking friends out in the desert. I saw Nick and Dolores, Linda and Jerry, Beverly, Bette and Kyra. Got to park by Moms Tree and the kitties got to run free.


We had a foggy morning, there's Kyra's RV.

I had a bit of an incident in Mexico, where I bottomed out the RV while turning
into a driveway.  This is what happened to my safety cables.  Ouch!
I have new ones now.

Sunset behind Moms Tree.

And just like that we're back on the beach in Mexico.  

Bubba and I in the early morning sunshine.

Sunset behind Tetakawi.

I'll be here for a week and then it will be time to head farther south to Jocotepec, on the western shores of Lake Chapala.