Thursday, March 12, 2020

More Rain


This is where I moved to last week.
 You can see to the left of me a small water run off creek,
in the desert we call those washes.




When it started to rain the other day the ground was getting a bit mushy
 near our wash. Do you see the lighter areas of sand/gravel?
  Those are the ways the rain water follows
on its way to the washes.  The washes are easy
to find as there's more plants growing along them.
You can see that I was parked in the one by the car.




So I started up the rv and very slowly backed up
to a bit of ground that was higher. 
It was easy to see when I was doing it as
 there was water all around
 except here where I'm parked now. 
I just left the car there until the next day.


You can see that my leveling jacks were
sinking into the gravel.


But, I'm a puddle walking kind of gal so I've been having fun.
Unlike Northern California, the water here is warm,
about 68º if I had to guess.

Everybody benefits from the rain.

You might notice that my friend, Kyra has left.  
She has moved on down the road.  
I plan to be here a couple more weeks
unless it gets to hot and then I'll move
 on down the road myself.