Saturday, June 30, 2018

Progress on the Painting

As you can see in these pictures, I've made some progress on the painting project.   

I bought this nifty futon-daybed thing.  Both arms are adjustable.
 In this pic one arm is up and the other is down.
I have a cover on it now for the dirty kitties to sleep on.
Here's the link to see more info  Couch 


Jugs are covering openings so kitties don't get into heater ducting area.

New handles and hinges.

This painting job was really big.  I knew that when I was thinking about it but I really had no idea that it would take at least 4 coats of paint, most with a paint brush, 2 coats of primer( the more primer the better) and 2 of paint.  The good thing is, I'm in Santa Fe, NM, where it's warm and dry so things dry very fast.  

One of my cousins will be coming for a visit so my goal was to get this part of the rv done before she got here.  Done.  After taking a few days off I'll start on my bedroom.  To do that I'll have to tear it apart just like this room so I'll be sleeping on the new couch.  I'll let you know how that goes.  There are some repairs that need to be done to the box that my bed sits on.  I'll tell you about that next time with pictures.

One last thing.  My plants are growing and I have tomatoes getting big. Yippee.


Be back soon.

A side note.  After my mom passed the kitties wouldn't sleep on her bed anymore.  They both have taken to the new couch rather nicely.  Here's Bubba taking his morning nap.  Missie's taking her nap underneath it.