Wednesday, August 1, 2018

Moving On

I've been in Santa Fe, New Mexico for 2 months.  I've gotten a lot done, including much needed maintenance on the rv plus some fun things on the rv as well.  It took me the better part of this 2 months to paint the inside.  What a job but well worth it.  

It's the monsoon, rainy, season in the southwest and I've enjoyed every minute of the rains which come with lighting and thunder.  Very spectacular. 






One of my neighbors.
When I got here this poor cactus was wilting,
I didn't know they wilted I thought it was dying.
After the first rain it was standing up straight. 

The kitties favorite tree.


I'm leaving here in the morning.  My air conditioner is having technical difficulties and it gets hot here in the afternoons so time to head to higher elevation.  Santa Fe is about 7,200 feet, I'll be moving up to about 9,000 feet.  Much cooler up there.  But with cooler days come cooler nights so the first thing I need to do is remake my bed and put another blanket on.  Santa Fe is at the one blanket elevation but up in the Colorado rockies it's a two blanket elevation.  Last night it got down to 48º where I'm going.

I'll be leaving my potted plants with Joy and David, although I did pick 3 more tomatoes this morning.

Next post I'll show you what the bedroom and bathroom look like with their new paint job.

Until next time.