Monday, August 6, 2018

Finished Painting Job, part 1

A reminder, clicking on the words in red will take you to that item listed on Amazon.

Soon after buying this rv, it's a 2001 and I bought it in 2013, I remover the old tv, which sat in that big space above the microwave, and the VCR which was in the smaller space.  I put that wire shelf up and you can barely see but there are two baskets where the tv was.  I have a can of aqua spray paint  and will be painting the baskets and maybe the wire shelf too.  Command hooks are a girls best friend, there's one holding the calendar.  Also, throw rugs are easily washable.

You can see, going from left to right along the floor, that I painted the heater vent, round thing near floor, and other round opening, which is for the propane hose to come through for my portable propane heater, small rectangle floor light, heater cold air return vent and far right the cover for the converter and fuse panel all black so they would match the appliances.

I replaced all hinges and handles.  
You can see I haven't painted the trim around the plug yet.
Hung curtain over door, it helps to keep bugs out when the door is open for kitties.
New cutting board on stove, most stoves come with covers
but this one didn't have one.  Now I have a bit more counter space.

Also hung a basket over door to keep my flashlight in.
And mounted a safety handle on side of cabinet, for coming up the steps.

Repositioned the curtain rod over bunk and
 removed original curtain that came with the rv. 

New little daybed that the arms let down for sleeping.
I have it covered to keep those cute dirty cats off it.
I slept on this for 10 days while I painted the bedroom 
and replaced that old mattress.
Also covered speaker panels between cupboards.

See the little dark square thing over the heater controls?
That is a temperature sensor from SensorPush 
With an app on my iPhone I can tell what the temperature is in the rv,
 from anywhere. I also have a sensor in the refrigerator so I can tell how 
cold it is in there without having to open the door.

A note about all those curtains. Those are king size Duvet covers from Amazon.  I like to use them because they're two layers of fabric, you can't see through them.  I don't have to sew anything, just remove some stitching at the corners to stick a rod through.  Some are trimmed at the bottom so they won't drag on the floor and others are cut up the middle to make two smaller panels, like over the door and between rooms.  They're easy to wash and I can change them around, sometimes having the lighter side showing and sometimes the darker side.

Something you can't see but I surly can, is I replaced all the 12 volt light bulbs with these super bright LED bulbs.  They're so nice.  I had LED bulbs before but not bright enough.  I love these.

Coming soon pictures of bathroom and bedroom.

Where I am now with my friend, Bette, near Nathrop, Colorado 8500' elevation.

Last nights sunset.

Be back soon.

Evelyn, Bubba and Missy