Wednesday, August 15, 2018

We're in The Colorado Rockies

The kitties and I have been hanging out in the mountains at about 8,550 feet elevation.  Perfect weather, low 80º's during the day and  low 50º's at night.  The kitties can run around all they want and it's been wonderful.


Where we are, in the Gunnison National Forest, is open range.  That means that local ranchers can have their cattle running around eating the grass.  This helps to keep the fire danger down.  So we have cattle walking around us most of the time.



This is what Missy looks like when the cattle come a callin'.

And this is what Bubba does.

Tonight when the cattle came Bubba saw a young calf nearby and he went walking right out to see him.  The calf was watching Bubba come towards him and Bubba got to within about 4 feet or so, when he stopped.  There they were two animals just standing there looking at each other.  It was a kodak moment except I didn't have my kodak with me.  Bubba then turned around and walked away and the calf bounded after him.  That was enough for Bubba, he ran back towards me.  


Hmm, cattle have been here.

So one of the reasons we left Santa Fe was because it's warm there and I was using my air conditioner everyday, but it started leaking water into the rv which, in this case meant that it needed a new gasket between the air conditioner and the rv.  The rv repair place in Santa Fe was booked up for 3 weeks in advance and it was too hot to hang around so I came north to the mountains where it's cooler.  There's a rv repair place just down the road in Poncha Springs and they were able to install a new gasket for me and also figure out what was wrong with the refrigerator and water heater.  The refrigerator was having problems running on propane, I was getting an error message saying there was no propane, and also the same thing on the water heater.  So Holiday RV blew out the propane lines for me while they were doing the gasket and they also caulked the roof while they were up on top.

On top is the working side of the refrigerator and 
lower is the water heater.  I had taken a can of compressed air and
 blew out what I could but that wasn't good enough.

My friend, Bette, has been with us for two weeks but she has moved on down the road. 
It was nice having a neighbor.  There are other boondocking rvers nearby though, 
they come and go.

We'll be here till after Labor Day weekend then head back to New Mexico to visit family.  

I'd like to apologize for not responding to the comments on the blog.  For some reason I'm not getting notifications of your comments.  I'm working on that, I spent about 15 minutes tonight trying to figure out why but I'm not sure I got it.  So be patient, I'll see those comments eventually.

Be back soon.