Wednesday, August 8, 2018

Finished Painting Job, part 2

Ok, on to the bedroom makeover.  It took me 11 days to get the bedroom fixed up and painted.  The platform that the bed sits on needed some repairs so the first thing I had to do was get the mattress up and out of there.  I lived 11 days with that mattress standing in the kitchen, ugg.  But I glued and screwed the box and platform back together.

Bed platform up.  See the little 'gas shock absorber', on the left side, 
there are two, one on each side of the platform.
You can see my extra 25 gallon water tank, the other tank 
is between that little wall and the rear of the rv.

I replaced the shocks with stronger ones.  They assist 
with the raising of the platform and with the holding up job too.
You can see the old ones were bent. I bought stronger ones and they work
so much better, by the time you get a mattress and bedding 
on the platform, it's very heavy.

This is what I lived with for 11 days.
Stuff piled everywhere.

Aah but it was worth every minute of chaos.  New mattress too.

Basket beside bed with 12 volt fan, charging cords and kleenex.
Also, see that I removed two light fixtures, one above the bed and one
on the wall, and installed 12 volt plugs.
All my electronics can be charged using 12 volt plugs.

Hooks on board from Walmart holding towels and shawls. 

See on wall at bottom right, two more 12 volt plugs, these two are
each on their own circuit.  I charge my computer using one of these.
I takes two 12 volt extension cords to reach around to the other side of the bed.

Nightstand big baskets and small basket.

You may have noticed in one of the above pictures that showed the ceiling, that I have a Maxxair fan in the bedroom and one in the bathroom as well.  They are well worth the price.  And if you get them be sure to get the ones with the remote control.  The first one I bought wasn't a remote control type, that one is now at the front of the rv over the bunk.  Don't waste you money on the cheaper ones go for the gold.

Replaced the towel rods with white ones.  
Also took out the magazine rack that was
below the drawer and now use that space for tp storage
 and put a piece of plexiglass over opening to keep
 the kitties out.  Plexiglass held in place with Command velcro.



There you have it.  Two months of work, two coats of primer and two coats of paint.  Good thing I was doing this in Santa Fe, New Mexico where it's a 'dry heat'.  

Evelyn, Bubba and Missy

Going for a walk.